The Systems Engineer will work as part of an operational squad to support specific Managed Service (ITO) customers in the cloud, ensuring all systems and related applications and infrastructure are supported and maintained to industry best practice and agreed standards.
You will be a technology generalist, capable of delivering skills and knowledge in at least one related Microsoft application or service, along with a keen all-round interest in current Microsoft cloud and on-premise ecosystems and relevant related technologies. You will use these skills to contribute to standardisation, optimisation, and innovation, working with others to help define and deliver standardisation within the business.
Communication and collaboration is paramount in this role, you will work closely with a variety of internal and external business stakeholders and will be continually engaged and collaborating with our clients.
What You Will Do
- Helping to implement solutions which drive automation to help reduce time spent by support teams and in turn, free time to innovate and drive service improvement.
- Where required, provide technical support into complex problems, continuing to work on them until a resolution or workaround can be implemented. Provide technical input and governance to the problem and update stakeholders at regular intervals as the technical investigation continues.
- Attend relevant customer specific meetings as and where required. Examples may include presenting changes to the change advisory board, providing technical feedback as part of a formal problem review and progress updates during project review meetings.
- Ensure compliance to relevant standards (i.e. ISO 27001, 9001) and security (i.e. CIS, STIG) to help ensure we control, report and adequately measure and handle risks the business faces.
- As an effective and highly capable team member, you will self-manage your workload and proactively pickup requests and other work through the ITSM tool.
- Work on other tasks as required to support wider business plans and initiatives.
What You Will Have
- Experienced technical resource, highly motivated and capable of understanding and resolving technical problems.
- Strong understanding of both Azure and M365 cloud services as well ason-premise Windows Server infrastructure, coupled with a general understanding of traditional hosted technologies and approach.
- Capability to problem solve; undertaking or designing tests to eliminate possible issues and working quickly and efficiently towards a solution
- Working knowledge of network andsecurity technologies as well as private cloud infrastructure such as virtualisation and storage.
- Excellent communication verbal and written, being able to operate at all levels and articulate messages to a variety of different audiences. Understand people and cultural differences to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management within the ITIL framework.
- Capability to project manage in an informal capacity; able to apply appropriate project methodology to plan, execute and report on work in a structured way.
- Experience of operating within a multi-supplier / SIAM support model.
- Ability to obtain and maintain UK Government Security Check (SC).
What We Do For You
- Wellbeing focussed – Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme – Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Financial wellbeing – We understand as well as you