Fulltime, IT & Engineering, Permanent
Software Development Manager
- You will be leading several small development squads both locally and remotely.
- This is a management role but you will need to have a strong technical background so you can provide guidance & leadership to the teams.
- You will also have a proven track record in planning large complex projects, managing diverse development teams and bringing best practices into the teams.
- You will be a strong agile practitioner
- Experience of working in a software implementation environment & understanding of the SDLC
- Experience of managing a development pipeline using issue tracking and project management tools such as Jira.
- Experience of allocating development tasks to developers based on skills, availability, task priorities etc.
- Experience of managing and prioritising project-related development and ad-hoc system change requests.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and to understand how systems have been architected to support these processes in order that system change requests can be assessed.
- Ability to communicate development progress to stakeholders including IT and business resources.
- Experience of managing a development team.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with members of the IT Team and the wider business teams.