Your mission working under the direction of the Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi discipline engineering team.
Your Objective is to support product development with the goal of designing and developing modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with the Product Commercialisation Process (PCP).
Your target is to meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standard and to verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate.
You will be accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale.
Also accountable for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner in accordance with TCF requirements
- -> An Electrical Engineering Degree (minimum 2:1) or (other relevant engineering qualification with 5 years industry experience).
- -> Customisation or Sustaining background rather than R&D or NPI.
- -> 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools).
- -> Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- -> Experience in the use of a range of engineering materials and with several manufacturing methods/techniques.
- -> An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
- -> Results Orientation – focus on delivering to project milestones and timescales.
- -> Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- -> Understand key technical deliverables and requirements and can report concisely to more senior engineers and the project managers.