As an Assistant Manager, you are responsible for supporting your Store Manager in driving the sales performance and day-day running of your store. You’ll deliver an exceptional customer experience and optimise KPI performance all while maintaining high operational standards. You will support more junior team members to excel and reach their full potential.
- Support your Store Manager in driving the performance and day-to-day operations of your store. Take responsibility of the store and team in their absence.
- Drive store performance by maximising sales opportunities. Optimise KPI performance in store by identifying focus KPIs and building plans to improve them and exceed targets.
- Deliver exceptional market leading customer service to drive business growth through customer loyalty & repeat purchases
- Demonstrate that you make your own luck by offering your customers a VIP concierge service, actively contacting them with updates on products and tastings.
- Sell the story not the Discount. Demonstrate and share your passion for product with customers through an in depth knowledge of our range, managing a tasting events programme and executing an enticing and commercially savvy tasting counter.
- Support the recruitment, management & development of the team. Be a sounding board and source of support for more junior team members, feeding back to your Store Manager as appropriate.
- Support more junior team members to develop their product knowledge and pass their WSET qualifications and continuously develop your own knowledge.
- Take accountability and pride for the physical appearance and maintenance of your store both internally & externally – ensuring swift reporting and escalation until resolved.
- Continuously identify opportunities to make improvements which will optimise the operational running of the store.
- Ensure you remain fully compliant, safe & legal by following internal policies, processes and completing mandatory training.
- Support the cascade of store, regional and business updates and communications.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Experience of working as part of a team in a fast-paced, target-driven retail or hospitality environment
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver exceptional customer experience & service
- Experience of understanding retail KPIs and how to drive improvements
- You can prioritise and strategically problem solve in high pressure environments
- Self-motivated, able to thrive when working alone and as part of a team
- A can-do attitude with a passion for seeing problems through to solutions
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- WSET 2 Qualification is essential. Willingness to work towards WSET 3 Qualification in order to progress to Store Manager
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points