- Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care.
- Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment.
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of their discomfort.
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in an Acute hospital environment within the last 3 years.
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices.
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines.
- Undertake regular mandatory training