We are looking for midwives who enjoy providing care for women who are critically ill in the childbearing period for our client.
- -> Work in accordance with the NMC rules and code of conduct for midwives.
- -> Maintain and develop their professional knowledge and competence in accordance within the NMC recommendations.
- -> Work with the Trust policies and protocols and enable all members of the practice to carry out care within these guidelines.
- -> Maintain good standards of care within their designated practice and assist in the implementation of recommendations from Government and professional bodies in relation to maternity care.
- -> Work with the MPL in the monitoring of standards of care.
- -> Maintain efficient and effective communication and working relationships with other professional groups and staff.
- -> Utilise the full skills of a midwife (both integral and extended) in the provision of care to women and their families.
- -> In liaison with the MPL ensure that midwifery practice is in keeping with current research findings and is appropriate for each individual woman for whom care is being provided.
- -> Participate in both midwifery and maternity education programmes required as per local and trust training needs.
- -> Assume responsibility for the safe custody and administration of drugs in accordance with the District Policies and Statutory Rules and Regulations.
- -> Assist the MPL with the co-ordination of the clinical activities of the practice and ‘act up’ when required.
- -> Assist with orientation programmes which familiarise new members of staff with the organisational and clinical demands of the unit and group practice.
- -> Supervise the work of the non-midwife, qualified or unqualified staff as well as midwifery, medical and nursing students.
- -> Maintain stores and equipment ensuring proper economic use.
- -> Report complaints, incidents and accidents to the MPL or midwifery manager and assist in their investigation and resolution.
- -> Ensure that working conditions are safe in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- -> To be fully informed of the risk management strategy, be responsible for reporting incidents, risk assessment and development of action plans to reduce risk.