- Optimise drug therapy for individual patients by participation in MDT meetings, drug history taking and Pharmaceutical Care Planning.
- Ensure objective monitoring of clinical. and side, effects of medication as part of care planning.
- Provide coordinated medicine information to patients as part of the discharge-planning process.
- Liaise with members of clinical team and external agencies as part of the CPA and discharge planning and to undertake needs assessment for individual patients e.g., compliance aid requirements
- Document clinical pharmacy contacts, interventions, and records such as drug histories and treatment plans on the pharmacy system and trust EPR system.
- Provide post-discharge care to patients, carers, and relatives as part of the support network, and to act as point of contact for CPNs, GPs and community pharmacists regarding interface issues.
- Provide medicines information and advice to patients, carers, hospital, and community staff.
- To line manage and appraise allocated pharmacy staff within your clinical team
- To participate in the on-call and weekend working rota.
- To be GHPC Registered
- Experience in an NHS organisation in a mental health setting
- To have a Higher degree or postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy up to a minimum diploma level (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Leadership skills
- Good communicator