Fulltime, IT & Engineering, Permanent
Electrical Layout Design Engineer
- Develop and implement electrical layouts that deliver cost-effective solutions for major electricity projects
- Be responsible for the electrical layout design to ensure that project designs are developed in the appropriate and consistent format
- Manage appropriate contractors during the whole life of projects requiring liaison with project managers, design, construction and project control sections
- Provide accurate forecasts of information for the range of projects under their control
- Develop and agree on appropriate design standards for electrical layouts.
- HNC in Electrical Engineering, and the ability to demonstrate relevant layout experience is desirable.
- Expertise in AutoCAD
- Expertise using RasterCAD and good knowledge of 132kV, 33kV and 11/6.6kV systems and substations, including switchgear, transformers, overhead and underground circuits
- Experience with electrical engineering design and practices and knowledge of the electricity distribution business
- Advanced experience with CDM regulations relating to utility projects.